At our recent Urban Tech Summit, we brought in Dan Doctoroff, CEO of Sidewalk Labs, for a special keynote presentation. During his talk, he touched on the problematic health disparity in lower socio-economic urban communities and the need for preventive medicine and other resources in these areas. To achieve that goal, Sidewalk Labs launched Cityblock Health, which will provide Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries access to high-value, readily available personalized health services by applying leading-edge care models that fully integrate primary care, behavioral health, and social services. Cityblock will also use custom-built technology to enhance strong relationships between members and care teams, while simultaneously empowering and incentivizing the health system to do better. Read More on Medium and in MobiHealth News
More Health Tech News
- Read this comprehensive report on trends in senior care innovation by HealthXL and AARP.
- Healthcare leaders weigh in on the biggest sources of cyber attacks on the industry.
- After a 6-year wait, FDA’s clinical decision support guidelines get a mixed reaction
- Emergency rooms are monopolies. Patients pay the price.
- Top IT priorities for executives in healthcare in 2018.
- How 5 technologies are shaping the future of healthcare
- This is the world's first soft artificial heart:
- Fitbit to seek FDA clearance to operate as a medical device.
- How a startup called Rexuti is reducing providers' burden by diagnosing common ailments through algorithms.
- Pfizer follows up successful smoking cessation app with LivingWith, an app for cancer patients.
Recent VC Funding News:
- Philips acquires VitalHealth to bolster population health management portfolio.
- New unicorn: HeartFlow raised $150M on $1.4B valuation to help doctors detect coronary artery disease and has become health tech's latest unicorn.
- Fitness app Aaptiv raised $38M, boasting $20M in revenue
- Cedar's intelligent patient billing platform draws $13M
- SwipeSense received $10M for its sensing technology to stop bugs in hospitals, plans to expand its tech team.
- Doctor.com has merged with Connect Health.
- Saudi Arabia-based internet health app, Sihatech, lands $1.3M in funding
Apply to Dreamit Health.
Applications open through January 12.